Imogen Cunningham: Symbolist
May 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
In 2012, 21st Editions and the Imogen Cunningham Trust announced the first in a trilogy of books on the work of Imogen Cunningham. Imogen Cunningham: Symbolist with Poetry and Prose by William Morris is the second book in our trilogy on one of the most important women in the history of photography.
The components of Imogen Cunningham: Symbolist, this second completely handmade book in the Imogen Cunningham trilogy will include:
* 3 loose Imogen Cunningham Estate prints (shown above): Veiled Woman, 1910; The Dream, 1910; and The Wood Beyond the World, 1910 each printed at approximately 9 1/2 x 12 inches with the Imogen Cunningham chop and Estate stamp.
* 10 bound Imogen Cunningham Estate Prints printed in gum arabic and platinum of Cunningham’s early Symbolist work (1905-1915), as shown below. These prints will also include the chop and Estate stamp.
* 1 frontispiece nude self-portrait of Imogen Cunningham.
* Poetry and Prose by William Morris, with an introductory note by John Wood, printed letterpress on handmade Twinrocker paper.
* Hand-bound by master binder Sarah Creighton
We urge you to contact us immediately should you want a copy of this title for your collection. A deposit is required and the price is $8500. Call Pam or Steve at 508-398-3000.
A retrospective of Imogen Cunningham’s work will open on May 24th in Stockholm at Kulturhuset. This exhibition, in collaboration with the Fundación Mapfre and La Fábrica, brings together approximately two hundred photographs, some unpublished and rarely seen, from the Imogen Cunningham Trust as well as several museums. Works from Imogen Cunningham: Symbolist are part of this exhibition including The Wood Beyond the World, 1910; Self Portrait, 1906; and Marsh at Dawn, 1905-1906.
Leave a Reply